Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the application process?
It depends on the intricacy and length of the design. Standard party designs can take 5 to 15 minutes per design. Bridal henna can take anywhere from 2 hours to 5 hours.
- How long does it take the henna to dry?
Approximately 20 minutes to half an hour. Avoid using a fan or dryer, and allow the henna to dry naturally for best results.
- What color does it stain?
We use only natural henna which leaves a maroon, medium brown, to a dark brown stain.
- How can I get a dark stain?
A few remedies can help darken your henna stain. Some key tips to achieve the best results include:
- Avoid washing your hands when first removing the dry paste. Instead, rub or scrape it off using a cloth or butter knife.
- Apply lemon-sugar solution once the paste starts to dry. This allows the henna to stay moist for a longer period, as well as protects it from easily flaking off. Remember - the longer you keep the paste on the better chances of a darker stain.
- Try to keep yourself warm.
- Minimize the number of times you was your hands in the first 12- 48 hours. This is the amount of time it takes for the stain to fully develop, therefore washing your hands interferes with the process and minimizes your chances of achieving the rich deep brown stain.
- Apply essential oils (olive, eucalyptus, coconut) or Vicks after the dry paste is completely removed. This only helps when applied within the first 48 hours after paste removal.
*Note: the intensity of the stain can vary person to person based on one's body temperature, the part of the body the henna is applied on, and aftercare.
- How long does the stain last?
The stain can last anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.
- Is it safe for kids?
We use natural henna only which is completely safe for children (unless specifically allergic to henna or one of the ingredients in the paste)
- Do you travel?
Yes. We travel all across GTA & other locations as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Travel fees apply to some locations.