A few remedies can help darken your henna stain. Some key tips to achieve the best results include:
- Avoid washing your hands when first removing the dry paste. Instead, rub or scrape it off using a cloth or butter knife.
- Apply lemon-sugar solution once the paste starts to dry. This allows the henna to stay moist for a longer period, as well as protects it from easily flaking off. Remember - the longer you keep the paste on the higher chances of a darker stain.
- Try to keep yourself warm.
- Avoid washing your hands the first 24-48 hours. This is the amount of time it takes for the stain to fully develop, therefore washing your hands interferes with the process and minimizes your chances of getting that deep brown color.
- Apply essential oils (olive, eucalyptus, coconut) or Vicks. This only helps when applied within the first 48 hours after paste removal.